Structure Fire – 2500 Block of Russell
Shortly after midnight the Abilene Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the backyard of a residence in the 2500 block of Russell. Upon arrival, firefighters found a small storage building heavily involved in fire. Neighbors reported seeing sparks emitting from the power lines above. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the storage building. There were no injuries reported and the building was a total loss. Damages are estimated at $25,000. Investigators determined that sparks from an arcing power line started the blaze.