City of Abilene News

Print

News Releases from Your City Government

Structure Fire – 2300 Walnut

Post Date:01/30/2017 9:14 AM
On Friday, shortly before midnight, the Abilene Fire Department responded to a fully involved structure fire in the 2300 block of Walnut.  The occupant of the home woke up to find the living room area on fire.  Investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature and caused by either candles or an outdoor propane heater that was near a bed in the living area according to the occupant.  The occupant suffered minor burns and went to the hospital by private auto.  The structure is considered a total loss ($13,000).
Return to full list >>

NewsReleaseFBimg