Structure Fire – 2200 Block of Plymouth Rock
At approximately 9:00 p.m. last night, the Abilene Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 2200 block of Plymouth Rock. The single-family residence had smoke showing upon arrival. Upon entry, fire crews discovered the kitchen area fully-involved with fire. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the kitchen. There were two occupants living in the house at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. The structure suffered heavy smoke damage throughout and fire damage to the kitchen area. Investigators confirmed that the fire originated from the stove top. Damages are estimated to be $10,000.