• The meeting rooms of the Abilene Public Library are available free to all non-profit groups and for a fee to profit and non-resident groups.
• Meetings must be free and open to the public.
• No admission fee or donation may be required or solicited from those
attending meetings in the library. Merchandise available from a speaker –
such as a book or an audiotape – may be sold, however 20% of the sales
must be donated to the Friends of the Library.
• Use of the library’s meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement of
viewpoints expressed by participants.
• Meeting rooms are not available for private parties such as birthday
parties, showers, or family reunions.
• Library programs receive priority in the scheduling of the meeting rooms.
• The library reserves the right to change, cancel, or revoke reservations for
meeting rooms. If changes or cancellations are necessary, the library will
provide the affected group as much notice as possible.
• Meetings or gatherings of any kind that would interfere (such as number
of people greater than room size limits, activity or noise levels that disturb
other users) with the operation of the library or the safety of its users are
• TV/VCR, overhead projector and other equipment can be furnished by the
library, pending availability, or organizations may use their own
equipment. The library is not responsible for the loss and/or damage to
personal materials used in conjunction with library equipment.
• Meetings of individuals under the age of 18 years must have an adult
• Children under eight years of age must be accompanied by a parent or
adult caregiver at all times in all parts of the library building.
• Smoking is not permitted in the library. Alcoholic beverages are not
permitted on library property.
• Groups may not receive mail at the library’s address, or publish the
library’s phone number as a contact for the organization or the meeting.
Library staff is unable to deliver messages to meeting participants, except
in cases of emergency.
Fees for Meeting Rooms Use
• Abilene not-for-profit groups may use the meeting rooms at no charge.
Donations are welcome.
• For-profit groups or groups from outside the City of Abilene will be
charged fees. Fees are payable at the time a reservation is made and are
refundable if canceled at least one week before the scheduled event.
Meeting Room Policy (PDF)
Meeting Room Reservation Form