Dental Program- "A Reason to Smile"
850 N. 6th Street
Abilene TX 79601
Days & Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
*closed for lunch from 12:00pm - 1:00pm
The Dental Program provides high quality and affordable dental care to children, youth, and adults residing in Abilene, Taylor County, and surrounding areas.
- Provide quality dental care in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Increase the number of people in the Abilene-Taylor County and surrounding areas being seen regularly for their dental check-ups
- Educate the public on preventative measures to ensure healthy teeth for a lifetime
- Partner with schools to educate kids on proper oral hygiene
- Increase the number of people that regularly attend their scheduled appointments
- Oral Examinations
- Prophylaxis (Cleaning)
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Fluoride Treatments
- Dental Sealants
- Fillings – Amalgam and Composite
- Uncomplicated Extractions
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dentures and Partials
Please fill out the following forms before your appointment:
- Patient Information & HIPAA - English - Español
- Consent for Dental Treatment - English - Español
- Medical History
- Insurance Consent - English - Español
- Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor*
- *optional – for parents who want to assign consent for treatment of a minor to a family member, caregiver, etc.
These forms may be filled using a PDF reader, or they may be printed and filled out by hand. Completed forms may be emailed to Nike.Neuvenheim@abilenetx.com or brought with you on the day of your appointment.
No eligibility or residency requirements.
Private pay fee is $150 per visit, limited to oral examinations, x-rays, prophylaxis (cleaning), fillings, and extractions. Separate fee schedule for crowns, bridges, dentures, and partials.
Methods of payment/dental insurance plans we accept include Medicaid (20 years and younger); CHIP; DentaQuest; MCNA Dental; Ameritas; and Private Pay ($150 per visit).
Texas Health Steps Dental Provider
Schedule your child's First Dental Home Visit today, a program focused on improving the oral health of children between 6-35 months of age.
No-cost (free) dental services: Consultations, comprehensive and limited exams, cleanings (standard), x-rays, fillings, and extractions.
Please complete the HOMES Program eligibility form and the Self Certification of Income form and return it to the Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District in person or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Please direct any questions to Nike Neuvenheim at 325-437-4640.