We're proud to partner with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Tax-Aide program during the tax season. Multiple sessions will be hosted where IRS-trained volunteers will help you e-File your taxes at the library. Don't miss your opportunity to take advantage of this popular service.
| 2017 Schedule & Information (Running Feb. 1 through Apr. 13)
Wednesdays & Thursdays
10:00AM to 3:00PM
202 Cedar St.
Abilene, TX 79601
Library doors will open at 9:00AM to register guests with everyone being signed up first-come, first served. Once we have reached our maximum number of allotted slots, registration will close for the day.
If the registration process closes early, we will alert everyone via our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Fridays & Saturdays
10:00AM to 3:00PM
1326 N. Mockingbird Ln.
Abilene, TX 79603
Participants in this program must bring the following materials:
- Photo ID for self (and for spouse, if filing jointly).
- Social Security Card(s) for all individuals to be listed on the tax return as dependents.
- Wage and earnings statement(s) such as W-2(s) from all employers.
- Any other financial information and/or documents relating to income, expenses, and banking.
- Blank check if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
- Call 325-676-6025 if you have any additional questions.
Additional Information This Tax Season
If you wish to file your taxes yourself, there will only a limited supply of major tax forms at your library. You may visit us and help yourself to available forms, or library staff may print out requested forms at a cost of $0.15 per page. You also have the option to access tax forms online by visiting the IRS Website.from home by visiting the IRS Website.
If you would like to order copies of forms and publications directly from the IRS, you may do so online. Click Here to learn how.
Most Requested Tax Forms Available Online
- Form 1040: US Individual Income Tax Return | Instructions
- Form 1040A: US Individual Income Tax Return | Instructions
- Form 1040-EZ: Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with No Dependents | Instructions
- Form 4868: Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Schedule A (Form 1040): Itemized Deductions | Instructions
- Schedule B (Form 941): Report of Tax Liability for Semiweekly Schedule Depositors | Instructions
- Schedule C: Profit or Loss from Business | Instructions
- Schedule D: Capital Gains and Losses | Instructions
- Schedule EIC: Earned Income Credits
- Schedule SE: Self-Employment Tax | Instructions
- Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax
- Form W-4: Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Form 9465: Installment Agreement Request | Instructions