Abilene City Council Place 6
Steve SavageTerm Expires: May 2019
GOALS FOR ABILENE
- Help make Abilene business friendly, encourage entrepreneurs and companies to create and keep jobs in Abilene.
- Assist with expansion of existing business.
- Represent the citizens and taxpayers, work hard to ensure their tax dollars are being spent wisely.
- Work with citizens and city staff to promote a friendly atmosphere, to respect the rights of others, and maintain freedom and liberty for all citizens in the community.
- Prioritize city spending based on actual "needs" first, and "wants" second.
- Expand and diversify available activities for all citizens, especially our youth.
PROFESSIONCurrent: Owner/Operator - Stinky Steve's Septic and Grease
Former: Owner/Mechanic - Savage Diesel Service
EDUCATIONCooper High School 1993
- Harley Owners Group, West Texas Chapter - Member
- Meals on Wheels Sporting Clays Board Member - 2012, 2013
- Meals on Wheels Sporting Clays Fundraiser - Gold Sponsor 2012, 2013, 2014
- Mission Abilene "Stop the Violence" Sponsor 2014
- 2007 Caterpillar Heavy Duty Truck Engines
- 2007 Eaton Automated Transmissions
- 2007 Eaton Hybrid Vehicle Training
- 2006 International Truck - Multiplex Vehicle Electronics
- 2006 Penske/IHC - 4300/8600 Truck Service
- 2005 Penske/GMC - GMC Fuel Injection/Nexiq
- 2005 Penske/Goodyear Radial Runout and Bib Alignment
- 2004 Allison Transmission - World Transmission Service
- 2003 Allison Transmission - MD Series Transmission Overhaul
- 2002 Allison Transmission - MT 600 Series Transmission Overhaul
- 2002 Frieghtliner Trucks - Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks
- 2001 Cisco Junior College - Engine Performance Analysis
- 2000 Volvo - Heavy Duty Trucks Preventative Maintenance
- Better Business Bureau - Torch Award Winner 2014
- Penske Truck Leasing Tech Challenge - Ft. Worth District Winner 2006
HOBBIES AND INTERESTSCamping
Competitive Shooting (3-gun, NRA Hi-Power, pistol matches, sporting clays)
4 Children: Helena, Mira, Sierra, Reagan
Resident of Abilene: 25 years
Last Updated: January 2015